Companies and the visionaries who run them, understand the value of their companies brand name; they never lose sight of the fact that the customer experience includes a great name, as the customer aligns their values with the brand name associated with a product/service. Solid brands are never built on names with negative connotations in any language. Customers remember a brand name and navigate to the correct site time after time, creating a lifelong relationship with the brand. The companies listed below understood and improved their domain name:
- Kabbage.com acquired Cabbage.com, a commonly mistaken spelling, to stop traffic from being lost or confused.
- Caspersleep.com acquired Casper.com a seriously easy to remember upgrade.
- Close.io acquired Close.com, suddenly it is a global brand.
- Cointelegraph.com acquired CT.com, short and sweet. In the highly competitive crypto space the new domain sets them apart from
thousands of competitors.
- Getdropbox.com acquired Dropbox.com, a market leader in the cloud storage space.
- Ring.com the owner paid a million dollars for the domain and later turned it into a billion-dollar company.
- Snapchat acquired Snap.com and now define themselves as a camera company.
- TheSuper.com acquired Super.com.
- Lendingtree.com acquired Tree.com.
- Tesla Motors acquired Tesla.com for 11 million dollars after ten years of trying.
- Tuft & Needle.com acquired TN.com, a billion-dollar mattress business.
- Twittr.com acquired Twitter.com.
- WeChat acquired We.com, a massive social platform in China.
- Weight Watchers acquired WW.com.